Visualizing Architecture Designs with a 3D Printer
“As an architect it’s easier when you can visualize designs in front of you with a 3D print. For me, I can see it in my head, but it’s also very easy to just touch the model and figure out what it looks like from all angles.”
- Henrik Bejmar, an architect working for Sweco, the largest architectural and engineering consultancy firm in Europe.
Bringing ideas to life
They needed a rapid prototyping tool they could rely on every day to create models with tight deadlines. So they turned to 3D printing and started using the Ultimaker 2+ Extended 3D printer with an Olsson Block.
The project contains over 280 hectares, which will hold over 60.000 to 90.000 apartments and 200.000 office spaces once finished.
How Ultimaker saves an industry
The benefit of being able to prototype their ideas themselves is that it saves them a great deal of both time and money. To summarize the benefits of using an Ultimaker with Olsson Block to 3D print in architecture:
- Swap nozzles easily: Choosing and swapping a specific nozzle for a project is fast and easy
- Fast 3D printing: With the 0.8mm nozzle you can 3D print up to 2x as fast
- Detailed 3D printing: With the 0.25mm nozzle you can 3D print up to 4x as detailed
- Client presentations: Present 3D printed architectural models to clients in a nice way
- Save time and money: Create 3D printed models inhouse
Ultimaker 2+ / 2+ Extended
Engineered to perform, the Ultimaker 2+ is reliable, efficient, and user-friendly. Thanks to its support of a wide range of materials, it’s suitable for a huge variety of applications, from prototypes to customized tools. It’s a great all-around 3D printer that delivers consistent results.Buy now