Used by many manufacturers worldwide, Nylon (polyamide) is well-known for its impressive durability, high strength-to-weight ratio, flexibility, low friction, and corrosion resistance. With its ability to withstand significant mechanical stress, Nylon is a great choice for 3D printing tools, functional prototypes, and end-use parts.
Reasons to choose
From toys to aerospace components, Nylon is embraced by engineers and manufacturers worldwide for an array of applications that require impact and abrasion resistance.
- Industrial-grade impact and abrasion resistance
- High strength-to-weight ratio
- Low friction coefficient
- Good corrosion resistance to alkalis and organic chemicals
- Reduced humidity absorption when compared to other Nylon filaments
- Seamless 3D printing experience
- Prints in dual extrusion with PVA on Ultimaker 3
Example 3D prints using Nylon
Versatility meets reliability
Ultimaker Nylon is a reliable 3D printing filament that can solve multiple design requirements for engineers, hobbyists, and home users alike.Learn more about 3D printing in engineering